One of our favorite things about Thanksgiving is dessert. Or desserts, to be more precise. How many other meals is it perfectly acceptable to have two or three different desserts at once? From apple pie to pumpkin creme brûlée, here are some of our favorite fall desserts.
This Pumpkin Creme Brûlée recipe from Mark Bittman is super simple, super delicious, and offers a little something different than the classic pies of Thanksgiving. Also, the crackling brown sugar crust on top is so, so pleasing to tap with a spoon.
Apple pie is a classic. This recipe for Applie Pie a la Jessica comes from (no surprise) our friend Jessica. The super flaky crust and crisp Northwest apples add up to one very popular pie.
This Green Apple Pumpkin Galette recipe from Sunset Magazine brings together the two stars of autumn – apples and pumpkins. The open galette looks looks rustic, tastes delicious, and is very easy to make.
Not all desserts have to be eaten with a fork off a dish. These Sugar Cookies Filled with Dried Fruit and Nuts are great to serve from a dessert buffet (or from anywhere else for that matter).
- A New Thanksgiving Dessert Alternative (neatorama.com)
- Sugar Cookies Filled with Dried Fruit and Nuts (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Green Apple Pumpkin Galette (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Applie Pie a la Jessica (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Creme Brûlée (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)