Springtime means asparagus. And it also means picnics, in the little pockets of sunshine snuck in between the rain showers. This tangy potato salad is equally good on a blanket in the sunshine or on a carpet picnic in your living room.
Boil a pot of water and blanch about 8 1″ chopped asparagus spears. (Just drop in the water and quickly cook until they turn bright green – about one and a half or two minutes.)
Boil about 8 new potatoes until done, slice them, and toss with the asparagus, mixed pitted olives, a splash of olive oil, crumbled feta and crushed red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe came from Bon Appetit – one of our go-to food magazines.
- 8 boiled new potatoes, sliced
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 1″ slices
- a handful of mixed pitted olives, sliced
- olive oil
- crumbled feta
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Hot Potato Salad (thisamericanbite.com)
- Spring Pasta Salad (cookingcellastyle.com)
- Baked Rainbow Trout w/ Roasted Asparagus, Mini Carrots, and Whole Grain Bread (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Quinoa Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette (sixtwists.wordpress.com)