This recipe mushroom and leek frittata recipe from Bon Appetit calls for 10 eggs. (Ten!). It’s also super delicious, and highly recommended.
We actually ended up boxing up some of this and bringing it to the cabin for a warmed up breakfast. This would make a lovely brunch buffet item…
Preheat the oven to 350°. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick (if you’d like) ovenproof skillet over medium heat. We used a nine-inch cast iron skillet.
Add 2 medium leeks, whites and pale green parts only, chopped. Cook, stirring often, until the leeks are softened, about 5 minutes. Add 8 ounces thinly sliced crimini mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened and all liquid has evaporated, 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk 10 large eggs, 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt (or crème fraîche), and 2 T coarsely chopped parsley in a large bowl; mix in 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Increase the heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms, shaking the pan to evenly distribute mixture. Cook the frittata, without stirring, until its edges begin to set, about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese over the eggs and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake the frittata until golden brown and the center is set, 25-30 minutes.
Serve with a sprinkle of parsley if you’d like. So good!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium leeks, whites and pale green parts only, chopped
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup non-fat greek yogurt (or creme fraiche, if you’d prefer to go a slightly fattier route)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded Fontina cheese, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper