These little rum balls pack a big punch. The alcohol doesn’t get cooked out of them, although it does evaporate a bit. All the same, maybe wait until after lunch to pass these out at work.
Mix together 2 1/2 cups crushed vanila wafers, 1 cup chopped nuts (we used pecans), 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 T cocoa powder, 2 T simple syrup and 1/4 cup rum. Add more rum and/or simple syrup to taste, if you’d like. Shape into balls, roll in powdered sugar, and enjoy.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecan, walnut or hazlenut)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T simple syrup
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup rum
- more powdered sugar for rolling
- Brandy Snaps (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Mounds (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Russian Tea Cookies (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Vanilla Extract – A Holiday Gift Idea (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)