This Sunday morning breakfast is super easy to put together, and super delicious to enjoy beside a fire, with the newspaper in hand, your dogs at your feet, and the person you love beside you.
Mix together all the ingredients (except butter and syrup) in a medium bowl.
Melt 2 T butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon batter by 1/3 cup portions into the pan, making 3 or 4 pancakes at a time. (Or cook them all at once on a long griddle.) Cook, turning once, until cooked thru – 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve with syrup and butter, or apple sauce is also nice.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup each flour and milk
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 T each sugar and baking powder
- 1/4 tsp each salt, nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 T butter, divided
- Sunday Morning Savory Crepes with Spinach and Summer Squash (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Maple Almond Granola with Dried Fruit (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)