Thanksgiving comes but once a year – it’s sad but it’s true. On the other hand, you have to practice if you want to be perfect. And so: A genius idea was born. This year we gathered some dear friends/hearty souls for our inaugural Practice Thanksgiving. Here’s a little sneak preview.
We first dreamed up the idea of having the Practice Thanksgiving because we want to grill a turkey this year. But, that’s some pretty risky business right there – learning to grill a turkey for the very first time with a house full of hungry guests and no margin for error. We’re just not those kinds of high-stakes gamblers.
Now, the pressure’s off – we have our first grilled turkey under our belts (literally and figuratively). And thank goodness we did a test run. The first bird did not turn out perfectly.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be passing along things we learned, helpful tips, and some of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes, including:
- Brussels Sprouts, Bacon & Caramelized Onion Sliders
- Gruyere and Pumpkin Fondue
- Braised Fennel
- Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Turkey
- Our Favorite Turkey Gravy Recipe
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mushrooms and Shallots
- and of course, Apple Pie a la Jessica
Let the eating begin!
Browse all of our Thanksgiving recipes (from years past and present) here.
- Thanksgiving Wild Mushroom and Butternut Squash Bread Pudding
- Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice & Orange Zest
- Classic Roast Turkey on the Grill (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Brussels Sprouts, Bacon & Caramelized Onion Sliders (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Shallots and Mushrooms (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)