If you’re like us, you have a boatload of mint in your garden right now. This richly herby green charmoula spread from Bon Appetit is great on grilled flatbread and grilled fish.
Prepare your pizza dough for the grill. (Here’s a post about grilling pizza, if you’re not yet familiar with one of our favorite ways to cook pizza dough.)
Make the charmoula. In a food processor, pulse 1 jalapeno (stemmed and seeded), 3/4 cup olive oil (or even less), 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup fresh mint and 1/2 tsp chopped peeled ginger. Pulse until you have a puree. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill up the bread over high heat, turning halfway through the cooking process.
The bubbling dough is a good sign it’s time to turn.
After the dough comes off the grill, top with the charmoula spread and sprinkle with a hard grated cheese. Cut into bite-size appetizer pieces and serve.
- 1 jalapeno (stemmed, seeded)
- 3/4 cup olive oil (or less)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp chopped peeled ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grilled Pizza with Goat Cheese, Kale, and Caramelized Torpedo Onions (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Apple-Cherry Pizza and Sundried tomatoes Pizza on Mint-Basil dough (momphotographer.wordpress.com)
- Chermoula and Sardine Stuffed Tomatoes + Chermoula White Bean Dip (foodtoglow.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)