No cooking means the kitchen stays nice and cool. And, this ceviche dish is flexible enough to be either be an appetizer, or a complete light dinner.
Dice 4 fillets of fresh tilapia. Finally dice 1/2 to 1 onion. Juice 6 to 10 limes, and mix these three ingredients together in a bowl or baking dish. Cover and let set in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours. The lime juice will ‘cook’ the fish.
When you’re ready to serve, peel and dice two cucumbers. Dice two tomatoes. Chop up a bunch of cilantro. Stir in with the tilapia lime mixture. Add salt until it tastes right. Add a few more squeezes of lime juice.
Serve with tortilla chips or on tostadas.
- 4 filets of tilapia (or other white fish)
- 1/2 to 1 white or yellow onion
- 6-10 limes, juiced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- lime for garnish
- tostadas or corn tortilla chips
- Tequila-Glazed Fish Tacos with Fresh Avocado Salsa Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos with Coleslaw and Red Beans (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)