Whenever we visit my sister Ruth, she always has at least one new food item for us to try. (And usually a lot more.) This visit, it’s a soda company called Fentimans. They make their soda by brewing and fermenting herbs and milled roots, and the taste is totally unique and frankly delicious. Ruth also made candied orange peel (thanks userealbutter.com!), so we thought we’d invent a drink using these two fabulous items.
In a cocktail shaker, vigorously mix 1 shot vodka and 1/2 shot cointreau. Pour over 3 ice cubes, top with 2 shots-ish of tonic water and garnish with two slices of candied orange peel. Add a splash of angostura bitters (Fee Brothers is what we like) if you’d like.
- 1 shot vodka
- 1/2 shot cointreau
- splash angostura bitters
- 2 slices candied orange peels
- Hot Glogg – An Insanely Delicious Wintry, Scandinavian Wine Drink (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Late Fall Heirloom Tomato and Dry Fly Vodka Cocktail (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Dry Fly Vodka Watermelon Drink (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Rosemary Candied Orange Peel – Recipe (nytimes.com)